Dr. Steph had this meme on her blog today, and it looked like fun. Ten things I’ve done that others likely haven’t. Well, this should be easy since I tend to be
a freak unusual different. Will I be able to stop at 10?
1. I was salutatorian of my high school graduating class.
2. I used to work as a jewelry designer in a bead store. A customer received a compliment on a necklace I had made from the queen of Sweden.
3. I used to sell some of my jewelry in art galleries.
4. I have only ever gone on a diet once in my life. (Of course I gained all the weight back and more. That part isn’t unusual.)
5. I have lost 80 pounds through lifestyle changes, i.e., not dieting, and kept the weight off for over nine years.
6. I quit eating mammals and fish about 20 years ago, then became vegetarian about 9 years ago, and have gradually cut out more and more animal products since then. I’m now about 99.9% vegan. The only animal products I consume are honey in my tea, and whatever is in a piece of birthday cake if someone hands me one.
7. I quit drinking pop years ago.
8. I quit driving a car for environmental reasons. I have not driven since October 27, 2002, and I don’t intend to drive again.
9. My first knitting project was a sweater from Vogue Knitting. (I didn’t know any other knitters to tell me most people start with a scarf or hat or something like that.)
10. I figured after I had knit a sweater I knew how to knit and didn’t need patterns anymore, so I designed my second sweater myself. (see #9)
I could actually keep going — there are a lot of other not so usual things about me — but I’m up to ten, so I’ll stop.