So much for my plan to blog 3 times a week. Anyway, here’s what I’ve been up to.
1. Dyeing fiber.
This is right after adding the dye, before the colors start to mingle.
2. Designing and knitting a hat. I’ll be selling the pattern once it’s finished. Here’s a preview.
I actually had the hat finished, but then I decided it needed to be a little bit longer, so I undid the bind off, picked up the stitches and I’m knitting about another inch. The pattern is finished except I don’t have any photos yet, since the hat isn’t done. Anymore.
Would anyone be willing to test knit the pattern? I’ll send you the yarn. You just have to promise not to publish any photos of it until after I put it up for sale.
3. Growing my hair out. Just a few inches. I’m planning to dye it purple. I’ve always wished I had purple or pink or blue hair, and I finally decided, what am I waiting for?
It’s long enough now that it’s starting to curl. I tried taking a photo for you, but they all turned out ghastly. It’s hard to take a picture of your own head.
4. Planning more knitting classes. I’m knitting swatches of various techniques so I can get an idea of how long each class should be. I’m planning on doing cables, basic socks, two at a time magic loop socks, Fair Isle/steeking, lace…it seems like there was something else, but I can’t think of what it was now.
Anything else you’d like to learn?
5. Eating toast. It’s such a simple pleasure. Man, I really love toast!
6. Spinning. These aren’t washed yet, but you get the idea.